A week ago I bought some new lead (graphite) for my mechanical pencil. Looking at the rack of refills, I realized my choice would not be simple. There are different hardness ratings, in addition to the sizes. I use 0.5mm. Summoning memories from my 8th-grade art class, I selected 4H as it was one of the harder options.
This selection of mechanical pencil refills has completely revolutionized my note-taking and homework-completing lives.
- This lead writes much crisper lines.
- I have yet to snap the end of the lead off (used to happen frequently).
- I’m still using the first lead. It probably lasts twice as long as regular lead
- I have to click the end of my pencil less.
- It does not leave dust on the paper, which used to cause smudges.
- I don’t need to rotate my pencil as much because the edge stays sharp longer.
- Erasing marks made with this lead leaves virtually no traces of the marks and consumes less of the eraser.
The message is clear: I love this 4H lead so much that next time I buy a mechanical pencil I will throw away the *** lead that comes with it and buy some sweet 4H lead refills.